Monday, November 5, 2007

Anima armour.

"anima" armour from the Palace Museum in Valetta, Malta. This armour is called "Anima" armour, and it is not really very common. I don't think it is really all that easy to move in it, and to MY eye, it shows the armour smith showing off! What is nice about this armour is that the breast and back plate actually overlap, joining over the shoulders with pins and eyeslots.
Originally, I wondered if the armour was joined together with sliding rivets. But no, it is actually riveted together just as you see it, so the whole armour is really quite solid.
I believe if I were to make this armour, it would have a lot of sliding rivets in it. I could not imagine going to all the trouble of making this armour, and NOT make it articulate!
This one armour is worth visiting the Palace Museum in Malta to study. Every time I see it, I am filled with questions.

No comments: